Monday, February 9, 2009

VEGAS!!!

So this past weekend I went to Las Vegas for a conference for work. It was a lot of fun but I am no hurry to go back. I am so not a fan of Vegas. I went with 2 co-workers from work and one of our doctors. We flew in Thursday and checked into our hotel, The Westin. It was just behind Bally's on the strip. It was a pretty nice hotel, a lot smaller then the other ones around. It seemed to be more of a business hotel then anything else. As soon as we got there and checked in we took a cap over to the Venetian for dinner. We went to a Italian place there, it was really good and way to fancy. They put I swear like 5 different plates in front of us through out the meal and then a new cup for every course. Afterwards we just kind of walked back to our hotel. That was interesting, Vegas at night. Friday was we were in our conference from 7:30-4 and then we went back to the Venetian for dinner. Our doctor wanted to go to Emerils Fish House but I convinced him to go to Emerils Steak House instead that I do not eat fish. Gross. That restaurant was also in the Venetian. This place was really amazing. I really loved the food and the atmosphere. After dinner we went over to Treasure Island to watch the pirate show but because of "high winds" it was canceled. Ya, it was so not windy. From there we took the Tram to the Mirage and hung out there and Ceasers Palace for a while. Saturday we didn't have the conference quite so late so afterwards we gambled a little bit before dinner. I was only going to gamble $20 dollars so on my last five I just kept winning. I ended up taking home $60 dollars. Not a lot but still something. That night for dinner we waked down to New York New York for dinner and to ride the coaster. However it had been raining all day so the Roller Coaster was not working. After dinner and walking around some we went and saw "O" Cirque du Soleil. That was such an amazing show. We were in the second row, it was just so awesome. It seemed like it just ended to soon. Sunday was the last class and then we went home. All in all it was a awesome trip. I really had a good time and learned a lot. I think we are going to back next year.


I really missed my girls though so I took today off and spend some time with them. The are just so cute and have such cute personalities. We went out and got Valentines stuff at the store. Rylee is so excited about Valentines day and handing out her Valentines at daycare and preschool. We also had a good nap because I was exhausted. It feels like I got no sleep over the weekend.


Brian was such a good daddy this weekend. He took Rylee on a "date" and then went out to lunch and to the Kangaroo Zoo. Rylee loved it, Brian didn't. He said it was just a lot smaller then he thought it would be. It is so funny. I had all these meals prepared for Brian to do with girls. All easy and ready to go. You know what they had to eat for every meal other then the one time they went out for lunch on Saturday and then for dinner at my parents on Sunday. Cereal or spaghetti. Silly boy. I was wondering why Rylee said she missed mommy cooking dinner. :)


Here are some cute pictures from our day together..

div>



No comments: