Thursday, December 11, 2008

Toys and our Topless Tree

Now that Christmas is around the corner that only means one thing. More toys for our house. Toys have become my biggest pet peeve. They are everywhere and have literally taken over our little house. It takes my girls 2 seconds to wake up and dump everything out, knock all the books off the self and spread the toys through out the house. Every night me and Brian our picking up toys. Yes, Rylee is responsible for her messes but we still help with Taylor's. There is just so much. I have tried to separate toys to upstairs and downstairs and this has helped but they still seem to be everywhere. I wish for Christmas instead of toys I could just go to Ikea and buy there organizational stuff. That would be a lot funner for me but not for them. I have complicated joining the girls in one room and making Taylor's room the toy room but am still not sure how I feel about this. As for now the toys just go from room to room and are all over our upstairs and then it's always the fun part of picking up.







So Christmas is finally here. My girls are way excited. I think on Rylee's countdown thing it said 14 days today. The other night after dinner and baths we put up our tree. I love our tree, it's just a little to big and we can't put the top up. When we bought it we lived in our apartment and I knew it would be to small for that but knew that one day we would have a house with vaulted ceilings and the tree would fit. Well we still have yet to buy that house, one day we will and then it will be beautiful, but as for now our tree will continue to miss the top of it.
The girls were so excited to put up the tree and put all the ornaments on it. Every Christmas Eve we have given them their own special ornaments. It was epically fun to get these out and look at them. I was also able to put out other Christmas stuff. My dad and Brian finally put up this self I've had for like two years and have just been wanting to paint. Well I did and they put it up for me. It looks really good I think and I was finally able to make use of the Christmas stuff that needs to be sat on something. I still have a lot of other stuff with no where to put it, but oh well. It just makes our house feel more like Christmas.







2 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is one thing that I am dreading when my kids get older and start playing with toys is thatthey will be all over the place! But I guess that is what happens when you have kids.. Your tree looks cute, we finally got our Christmas lights up on our house, Lance works till 7 every night and so by then it is too dark and cold to hang them so my dad came and helped me yesterday which was nice! So now we have the decorations and our stcokings up but no Tree yet!! That will come this weekend. We have been super slow at getting things up this year. And I have done zero shopping,Yikes!!

Mom of three ♥ said...

One more thing! I tagged you on my blog, check it out to see what you need to do! Thanks!